The 1990s was a massive decade for major infrastructure projects in Hong Kong, with the construction of the new Chek Lap Kok airport and associated transport connections occupying the city. Recently I discovered an extract of the book “15 Most Outstanding projects in Hong Kong” by Raymond Wong Wai Man, and it features construction photos from many of these projects.
My top 5 picks are:
- Airport Passenger Terminal Building at Chek Lap Kok
- Tsing Ma Bridge and the Ma Wan Viaduct linking Tsing Yi to Lantau Island
- Western Harbour Crossing carrying cars from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island
- Airport Railway including the Tung Chung line and Airport Express routes
- Central District pedestrian subway linking the MTR Central Station to the new Hong Kong station.