Tags1990s advertising Australia carriage China China Railways construction dining out Disneyland driverless train driving East Rail gambling history Hong Kong Hong Kong International Airport Hong Kong Island Hong Kong Tramways KCR Kowloon Kowloon Canton Railway Lamma Island Lantau Island light rail line guide locomotive lost in translation Macau maintenance Mass Transit Railway MTR mystery New Territories Octopus card on the road on the water Outlying Islands rail operations railway railway signalling television commercials tourist trap trains trams Victoria Harbour
Photos from Flickr
Subscribe via email
- 2017 (22)
- 2016 (28)
- 2015 (15)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (6)
- 2012 (9)
- 2011 (73)
- 2010 (14)
- December (14)
- Abandoned MTR locomotive running shed at Hung Hom
- Moving the East Rail locomotive running shed to Lo Wu
- Delivering the KCRC fleet of ER20 diesel locomotives
- Named trains of the MTR Light Rail
- Digital art by Josef Bsharah – inspired by Hong Kong?
- Scale model of a MTR works train
- MTR freight train across the border at Shenzhen
- KCR EMD G12 diesel locomotives in Australia
- MTR train cliffhanger?
- Above ground tracks on the Hong Kong MTR
Monthly Archives: July 2015
If you haven’t seen a ‘time-scale’ map of a transit system before, they are an interesting concept – instead of displaying every line and station in a way that makes it each to navigate from point A to point B, they allow you to compare how long it takes you to reach point A from points X, Y and Z. So what do they reveal about the Hong Kong MTR network?