- Support Checkerboard Hill on Patreon!
Subscribe via emailJoin 379 other subscribers
advertising Australia aviation Beijing buses China China Railways construction depots driving East Rail freeways history Hong Kong Hong Kong International Airport KCR Kowloon Kowloon Canton Railway Lantau Island light rail line guide locomotive Macau mainland maintenance Mass Transit Railway MTR mystery New Territories Octopus card on the road on the water Outlying Islands rail operations railway railway signalling Shanghai television commercials tourist trap trains trams tunnels underground Victoria Harbour West Rail
- 2022 (25)
- 2021 (27)
- 2020 (27)
- 2019 (26)
- 2018 (26)
- 2017 (27)
- 2016 (28)
- 2015 (15)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (6)
- 2012 (9)
- 2011 (73)
- 2010 (14)
- December (14)
- MTR JMD1200FX diesel electric locomotives
- Hong Kong taxi on the streets of Toronto
- Farewell to the MTR Phase 2 Light Rail Vehicles
- KCR ‘Yellow Head’ trains at the MTR Kowloon Bay Depot
- Building Telford Gardens atop the MTR depot at Kowloon Bay
- Traverser and a turntable at Kowloon Bay Depot
- ‘The Queen Was Here’ plaque at Hung Hom station
- Looking back at Hong Kong’s pig trains
- Swapping left and right on the Tuen Ma Line
- “Pretty as a postcard” at Hung Hom station
Category Archives: Housekeeping
It has taken me almost four years, but I have finally finished uploading the photographs I took on my 2013 trip to Hong Kong. My itinerary. Day 1: arrival Day 2: Kowloon Day 3: Big Buddha via Mui Wo Day […]
Time flies as you get older, and for me it is no different – I’ve just returned from yet another visit to Hong Kong. This time around my young son was also along for the ride, with twelve days spent visiting family and sightseeing around Hong Kong, plus a short stopover on the way back home from somewhere else.
Since my 2013 trip to China I’ve been facing quite a dilemma – should I writing about Mainland China appear on this site about Hong Kong, or does it belong elsewhere?
It has taken me almost two years, but I have finally finished uploading the photographs I took on my 2013 trip to China.
It’s taken me three years, but I’ve finally made my way back to Hong Kong, having just returned from a two week visit. I also paid a visit to the mainland, visiting the cities of Shanghai, Beijing and Xian, and travelling between them by high speed train.