- Support Checkerboard Hill on Patreon!
Subscribe via email
- 2022 (10)
- 2021 (27)
- 2020 (27)
- 2019 (26)
- 2018 (26)
- 2017 (27)
- 2016 (28)
- 2015 (15)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (6)
- 2012 (9)
- 2011 (73)
- 2010 (14)
- December (14)
- Ghost platforms on the Beijing Subway at Dongsishitiao
- Standard metro trains of China
- Hong Kong buses with doors on both sides
- Shanghai to Beijing by high speed train
- Railfan’s guide to Shanghai, China
- Cable hauled trains under Shanghai’s Huangpu River
- Exploring the Shanghai Metro
- Exploring the Beijing Subway
- Soy milk confusion in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong loves butter cookies!
Tag Archives: Disneyland Resort Line
For trains on the Disneyland Resort Line the task is pretty simple – shuttle between Sunny Bay and Hong Kong Disneyland all day, with nobody in the driving cab, and the onboard computer doing all of the hard work. But on very rare occasions, they can be seen elsewhere in Hong Kong.
The Disneyland Resort Line is a 3.4 km long branch railway that connects Hong Kong Disneyland to the rest of the MTR network. Unlike the rest of the MTR, the Disneyland Resort Line is the one to operate without a driver: even the door operation is automatic. So what else is different about it?