Tags1990s advertising Australia carriage China China Railways construction dining out Disneyland driverless train driving East Rail gambling history Hong Kong Hong Kong International Airport Hong Kong Island Hong Kong Tramways KCR Kowloon Kowloon Canton Railway Lamma Island Lantau Island light rail line guide locomotive lost in translation Macau maintenance Mass Transit Railway MTR mystery New Territories Octopus card on the road on the water Outlying Islands rail operations railway railway signalling television commercials tourist trap trains trams Victoria Harbour
Photos from Flickr
Subscribe via email
- 2017 (22)
- 2016 (28)
- 2015 (15)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (6)
- 2012 (9)
- 2011 (73)
- 2010 (14)
- December (14)
- Abandoned MTR locomotive running shed at Hung Hom
- Moving the East Rail locomotive running shed to Lo Wu
- Delivering the KCRC fleet of ER20 diesel locomotives
- Named trains of the MTR Light Rail
- Digital art by Josef Bsharah – inspired by Hong Kong?
- Scale model of a MTR works train
- MTR freight train across the border at Shenzhen
- KCR EMD G12 diesel locomotives in Australia
- MTR train cliffhanger?
- Above ground tracks on the Hong Kong MTR
Tag Archives: hobbies
While in Hong Kong I visited a number of model railway shops to see if they had anything interesting – so what did I find?
During my no-so-recent trip overseas I encountered the uniquely Japanese way of selling collectable models – the 12 piece “collection”. On finding this collection of boxes on the hotel floor, I’m sure that housekeeping thought they had stumbled on some bizarre kind of drug runner.
When I was planning my trip to Hong Kong, the only shopping I planned for was camera equipment, and possibly some model trains. One of the hobby stores that I found online was 80M Bus Model Shop, with a number of branches throughout Hong Kong. While looking for one of them, I came across another interesting looking shop across the aisle.
Once stepping inside, it was an Aladdin’s cave of diecast model aircraft. Continue reading