Tags1990s advertising Australia carriage China China Railways construction dining out Disneyland driverless train driving East Rail gambling history Hong Kong Hong Kong International Airport Hong Kong Island Hong Kong Tramways KCR Kowloon Kowloon Canton Railway Lamma Island Lantau Island light rail line guide locomotive lost in translation Macau maintenance Mass Transit Railway MTR mystery New Territories Octopus card on the road on the water Outlying Islands rail operations railway railway signalling television commercials tourist trap trains trams Victoria Harbour
Photos from Flickr
Subscribe via email
- 2017 (22)
- 2016 (28)
- 2015 (15)
- 2014 (13)
- 2013 (6)
- 2012 (9)
- 2011 (73)
- 2010 (14)
- December (14)
- Abandoned MTR locomotive running shed at Hung Hom
- Moving the East Rail locomotive running shed to Lo Wu
- Delivering the KCRC fleet of ER20 diesel locomotives
- Named trains of the MTR Light Rail
- Digital art by Josef Bsharah – inspired by Hong Kong?
- Scale model of a MTR works train
- MTR freight train across the border at Shenzhen
- KCR EMD G12 diesel locomotives in Australia
- MTR train cliffhanger?
- Above ground tracks on the Hong Kong MTR
Tag Archives: Macau
I’ve visited Macau a number of times over the years, but one thing I never knew about the cable car. Named ‘Cable Guia’ (Chinese: 松山纜車; Portuguese: Teleférico da Guia) the aerial gondola lift runs through a park to the top of Guia Hill, home of the Guia Fortress and lighthouse.
Naming the terminals at most airports is easy – flights inside your country use the ‘domestic’ terminal, and flights to other countries use the ‘international’ terminal. But at the airports in and around China, things get a little more complicated.
Casinos drive the Macau economy, but what else does the city have to offer those who don’t gamble? Macau is a city at the crossroads of different cultures: the Portuguese heritage of Macau is unique in the region, the city having roots as a trading post in the 16th century. The most iconic example of Macau’s Portuguese heritage is the Ruins of St. Paul’s…